Sunday, August 26, 2012

Gwen's 3rd Birthday!

It's my Birthday and I can cry if I want to.
We started out her Birthday celebrations by going to Park City. She rode the Alpine slide, did the toddler rides at the miners park, and opened presents. We stayed at beautiful Hotel Park City right on the golf course. Gwen and Reese loved the ducks and fishing with grandpa. By the end of the day Gwen was completely exhausted. The night ended in tears. It's tough to be a 3 year old sometimes. ;)
It was fun to have my parents spend the day with us. There is no one Gwen would rather be with.
Gwen had anticipated this day for months and it was finally here. I made her a confetti cake with pink frosting and sprinkles. She was thrilled! She has asked me for more birthday cake every day since. This girl loves a party!
We opened presents with my family and did she get spoiled or what. She kept saying "thank you mom, this is the best birthday EVER"! At least she was appreciative or I would've taken everything back. ;)
One of the highlights was her Tinkerbell dress up. She sure makes a cute Tinkerbell!
She was ecstatic about her princess bike. We're working on the pedaling part.
I can't believe my little girl is 3 years old. There is something about your first born that is really special. Gwen will always be dear to my heart for making me a mother. She is full of life. I always say there is never a dull moment around Gwen. She makes me laugh all day long. Her current favorite thing to do is dance and sing. I must say she has quite the moves. I need to get her in dance lessons. She likes to test my patience at times and can be a little drama queen. I think those  first borns come a little stubborn. I love to watch her interact with her little sister. These two have quite the little bond. Reese just lights up when Gwen walks into the room. She always says "I so love Reese mom"! Melts my heart every time. My girls are growing up too fast. Gwen starts preschool next week. She is a smart little girl and is going to love socializing with the other kids. I'm not going to lie I will probably cry when I drop her off. I love being with these two girls all day. They are my best friends. A part of me wants to stop time.
Happy Birthday cute Gwenny!
We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful babies Mckenzie! I can't believe she's 3 either. (even if I don't know her. :) ) Looks like a fun 3rd birthday. She's a lucky girl to have you as her mama. xo

    ReplyDelete