Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer is here!

Gwen took her second year of swim lessons. She did awesome! Ms. Pam and Mindy do an amazing job. She is already much more confident in the water. They taught her to dive under the water and get rings, grab the edge of the swimming pool, and roll to her back and float. I want to make sure my kids learn to swim early. It's a constant worry with a pool in my parents back yard. I feel a peace of mind knowing that Gwen has learned some survival swim skills. 
Last year she learned how to float, but screamed and cried every lesson. This year was a different story. She looked forward to going to lessons everyday and getting a smiley stamp. Every morning on our way to lessons she would sing... "swimmin with Mindy, Woohoo!"
Reese's new snuggler for my bike trailer. Her cute little round face in there kills me every time.
Splash pad party at the Riverwoods. Gwen had the time of her life.
It was her day... She got shaved ice, a dole whip, and the balloon artist made her a princess crown.
We spend the majority of our summer at Gram and Popsie's pool.
W
 Gwen's toy of choice for getting potty trained.
 
We are loving these warm summer days!

3 comments:

  1. That little baby is to die for! I'm with you - bring on the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete